Monday, September 3, 2012

Thing #11 Learn From Video

The video I chose to use is titled The wacky history of cell theory. I believe is a great way to introduce the concept that cells ome from cells. I know that the science teachers in the general education room liked the video once I showed it to them. In addition, I will be using this video
 when I start science in my special education room. The standards that this lesson covers are:  
SC.O.6.1.1 realize that scientists formulate and test their explanations
 of nature using observation and experiments
SC.O.6.1.2  recognize scientific knowledge is subject to modification
 as new scientific information challenges current explanations
SC.O.6.1.3 examine the careers and contribuations of men and women
 of diverse cultures to the development of science
SC.O.6.1.4 compare and contrast the historical significance of scientific
 discoveries.
SC.O.6.2.6 construct models of plantr and animal cells and compare the
basic parts (e.g. cytoplasm, cell wall, cell membrane, nucleus,
 or chloroplasts).
  http://ed.ted.com/lessons/the-wacky-history-of-cell-theory

No comments:

Post a Comment